Finally, it's time for a big costume sale where all fashionistas, opera and ballet fans and craft enthusiasts have the chance to find bargains from our storage and collections. Between June 8-11, you can find pieces from productions such as Dracula, Andrea Chénier, Swan Lake and Die lustige Witwe. Everything from hats, shirts and shoes to grand dresses and overcoats.
At the Royal Swedish Opera's costume department, about 30 people work to make all the costumes for the performances in the Opera House. All garments are made by hand according to solid craft tradition so that the costumes will last night after night, through several seasons. Many of the costumes are also re-sewn into new outfits, before they finally get to leave the theater and get new happy owners, maybe at home in your closet!
All proceeds from the sale will go to the Young Opera Fund, which contributes to the development of Youth at the Opera's activities for children and young people.
Tips and information
1. The racks of costumes will be refilled as we go on during all four days, there will be a mixed range of sets and types of garments throughout the sale.
2. Feel free to bring your own bags to carry home your treasures in. We will also sell bags on site for SEK 10.
3. We do not reserve any costumes. What you buy, you must be able to carry with you at once. Please note that large costumes/dresses can weigh a lot!
4. Separate fitting rooms are available for men and women.
5. All garments are sold in current condition.
6. The Royal Swedish Opera reserves the right to sell out the sale.
DATE AND TIME
Thursday June 8, 3 - 6 p.m.
Friday June 9, 3 - 6 p.m.
Saturday June 10, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday June 11, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The Royal Swedish Opera's workshops in Gäddviken outside Stockholm.
Address: Kvarnholmsvägen 56
Bus 402 from Slussen to stop Gäddviken, alternatively bus 53 or 71 to Henriksdal and then about 10 minutes walk to Kvarnholmsvägen 56.
There is no parking in close connection to the Royal Swedish Opera's workshops, other parking on Kvarnholmen is very limited. We advise visitors to avoid car if possible.
PRICES AND PAYMENT
The costumes cost from SEK 50 up to SEK 2500. You can pay by card (Mastercard, Visa and American Express) or Swish. We do not accept cash.