OPERA FOR BEGINNERS
Are you curious about opera or ballet but don’t know where to start? What would you like to experience on your first visit? We have put together a programme just for you with music from two of the most popular operas worldwide – Carmen and La Bohème. For dance lovers we can offer Eskapist, a mesmerising, explosive dance event.
Carmen – a drama packed with all-time classics
Bizet’s Carmenis one of the most frequently performed operas in the world. It revolves around Carmen, a rebellious, smart, freedom loving woman who fights for her right to love anyone she wants. But one day a man stands in her way. This opera is as relevant today as when it was first written. Revisit some of the most popular classical works in film in the form of Escamillo’s aria (“Toreador”), the Habanera and the Flower song. Read more »
Did you know that…
- Tickets to our performances are half price if you are under the age of 26! Read more»
- Jeans or dinner jacket – both are fine as long as you feel comfortable.
- A 15-minute introduction of the work you are about to see is scheduled 45 minutes before most opera and ballet performances.
- We recommend visitors to arrive at least 20 minutes before the performance begins. It will give you time to hand in your coat and find your seat before the curtain goes up.
- Operas performed on the main stage are surtitled in Swedish, unless they are sung in Swedish.
- Most of our performances include an intermission. Intermission refreshments can be prebooked up until 22.00 the day before your visit. Any remaining seats can be booked on the night.
- More practical information is available here. When you arrive, our front of house ushers are always happy to help.